Thursday 31 May 2012

Day2

I woke up happy and content today. I was very much impressed by the way my first day of diet has been.I know it is very natural to succeed in the initial days. But I think a good start would be a motivation for me to stay focussed for the coming days

Today's eats

Breakfast
Today's breakfast was Puttu and Kadala curry. This is one of the favourite breakfast combo in my household. This is very healthy and wholesome. For making puttu , powdered rice is smeared with lightly salted water. Then a little amount of cumin and some coconut also is added to this and steamed over a steamer.Kadala curry is nothing but curried chickpeas. This combo provides enough carbohydrates and protein to cick start a day with. I had 1.5 cups of puttu and half cup of kadala curry.

Mid morning Snack
We were a little bit busy in the morning. So I couldn't pack my mid morning and evening snacks as I had planned. All that I could manage to pack in a hurry was around 1.5 cups of papaya and two big carrots. I thogut I wouldn't be hungry before 12.00 PM today since we had a very good breakfast. But I was wrong. I was super hungry by 11.00 AM and wolfed down all the papayas.

Lunch
Though I had the papayas at 11.00 I was  feeling hungry by 12 again, but I was in no mood to eat the carrots. So I had lunch by 12.30 which is kind of early for me. I usually have lunch by 1.00 PM.The lunch included 2 cups of brown rice , cucumber pachadi and mixed veg stirfry with coconut. The lunch with two cups of rice was actually not enough for me. I was still hungry even after my lunch. So I had one carrot also post lunch

Evening snacks
I was feeling really hungry in the afternoon. I am actually not sure if it was real hunger or craving for something sweet. what I could say is I was uncomfortable and was craving to eat something sweet. I didn't have any fruits with me at that time. So I tried to ignore it by putting  all my concentration into my work. It kind of worked for me till 3.00 PM. I really felt that I deserve a cup of black tea with 1tsp sugar. I took my tea thinking that I would be comfortable after taking the tea. But I was wrong again. The comfort lasted only for a few minutes. I somehow kept myself controlled till 5.00 PM by concentrating more on work. I rushed to the canteen at 5.00 PM and had a fruit bowl. The fruit bowl included slices of Pineapple, Apple, guava, cantelope and watermelon in bowl. It was actually a treat for me as I was craving for some fruit from afternoon. But I would not prefer to go for it every afternoon because some of the fruits were straight out of the fridge and I felt like biting into an icecream. I would prefer to bring fruits from home for an evening snack

Dinner
I reached home by 7.00 PM and had the dinner immediately as I was kind of hungry again. I had 1.5 cups of rice, 1 piece of fish curry and some mixed veg stirfry with coconut. This was a very satisfying meal for me and I didn't feel like eating anything after that. There was a major temptation for me in the form of a chicken cutlet and a cream bun which my husband bought while coming from work. I didn't even tough it and I was highly impressed with me for that.

Post Dinner Snack
I am feeling slightly hungry now and planning to munch on a robusta (another lesser calory variety) banana before going to bed. I don't want to take the risk of starving me and quitting the diet plan.

Water consumption
I drank around 2.5 Litres of water today. But I was running to the rest room very frequently because of the weather. I will be reducing my water intake a bit tomorrow

Exercise
The sad part of today is that I didn't do any exercise. I was constantly planning for execise whole day today but I couldn't squeese in some exercise except for a 10 minute slow walk which I wouldnot consider as an execise.

Hope I could stick to  my diet plan and make some progress on the exercis epart tommorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment